The level of change we are living with as a generation is unprecedented. We can’t assume anything in the way we operate will avoid disruption. With so many moving parts, how do you step back to see the bigger picture? Our Principal of Advisory, Mollie Carmichael, tracked down 15 trending bright spots in product innovation and technological improvements that are changing the housing industry. In this 25 minute video, she shares concepts that can energize your whole team around a unique lifestyle and help you stand out amidst competition. Grab a cup of coffee and dive in!
Some of the key takeaways include:
- Account for changes in transportation. Large cities continue to build out rail systems, but technology is paving a path of its own. Would you have a car if Uber offered you a $500 a month unlimited ride package?
- Create spaces to connect. In an age where we are glued to our devices, people crave more spaces to connect. It’s important to create authentic experiences that consumers can connect to. For example, consider adding a fireplace to allow the owners to gather with friends or build a treehouse for early morning hangouts.
- Lifestage conscious housing is attractive. Families with kids under the same roof now have options with the multigenerational housing with separate doors and garages.
- Aim at delivering experiences. Gelsons and other grocery stores are becoming more of culinary experiences instead of just a place to buy food. AirBnB advertises excursions instead of bed/bath counts. Companies across different industries are delivering the extra wow, are you?
- Living right feels good and saves money. Consumers want green technology for environmental reasons, but the accompanying savings are huge too. Make sure your consumers understand the math-saving $100 a month equals $20,000 in home value.
This feature highlights ideas and concepts surfaced in collaboration with Nick Lehnert at KTGY, Ike Balmaseda at IDEArc, and Steve Kaller at Ultimate New Home Sales.
Contact us to discuss how we can help you tailor & translate these trends to your next community.