We work with apartment developers, property managers and REITs to evaluate a wide range of multifamily product types ranging from a ground up, mixed-use Class A apartment project located in a downtown core to a value-add apartment in a suburban community. Our knowledge of local markets and understanding of renters across any income bracket allows us to provide relevant industry expertise and help out clients boost performance.
- Ground Up Construction
- Value Add Product
- Senior Apartments
- Condo Reversions
- Affordable Apartments
- Lease Up Strategy
- Market Surveys and Analysis
- Market Feasibility
Real Estate Development
- Asset Management
- Financial Modeling
- Apartment Valuation & Entitlements
Apartment Valuation & EntitlementsCase Study #1
- Client Description
International real estate and investment firm with an existing income producing asset in an urban Downtown community.
- Project Objectives
Meyers was tasked to analyze the depth of market of various residential product types in order to optimize the number of units for an existing rental site. While both for-sale and multifamily rental product was considered for the urban infill site, Meyers’ quick analysis of the market pointed to strong values and preference for new, rental product. A retail component was also considered in order to comply with the city’s wish to offer better mixed-use alternatives.
– Multiple product densities were analyzed in the context of overall demand for the market and market entry.
– Worked with architect to develop several conceptual site plans to provide an optimal unit count and provide more accurate analysis of construction costs.
– Analyzed competitive retail and rental landscape to understand underserved niches.
– Conducted interviews with various city planners and the client’s legal team to evaluate entitlement constraints.
A highest and best use analysis with multiple product alternatives were analyzed and plotted to determine total yield. Financial models were also used to provide a clear understanding of the values generated by the different product types and land plans. A comprehensive business plan is currently in development with the client to provide a clear entitlement strategy for the site.