Our team has a broad base of expertise in entitlements, financial modeling, and market feasibility. The combination of these skills provides our clients with a comprehensive viewpoint when valuing assets for acquisition. Meyers offers team-led engagements allow us to quickly evaluate numerous assets across multiple geographies.
Strategic Planning Service
- Litigation Support/Expert Witness
- Portfolio Strategy
- Opportunity Assessment
- Supply & Demand Analysis
- Market Monitoring
- Business Plan Development
- Cash Flow Analysis
Structured Finance & Advisory Services
- Mezzanine Loans/Preferred Equity
- Participating Mortgages
- Debt, Equity Restructuring
- Loan vs. Property Sale Analysis
- Loan Modification Alternatives
- Investment Fund Strategy
- Recapitalization Construction Loan
Real Estate Development
- Planning & Environment Entitlements
- Mitigation Management
- Due Diligence & Project Feasibility
- Proforma & Cash Flow Analysis
- Portfolio & Asset Management
- Project Management & Development
- Asset Valuation
Asset ValuationCase Study #1
- Client Description
Private equity firm looking to bid on several high profile distressed master planned communities throughout the United States
- Project Objectives
Meyers was tasked to value the remaining land holdings of a publicly traded real estate investment trust for an equity firm looking to bid on a portfolio of assets in several large metropolitan areas within the United States. Since details of the assets were not disclosed, Meyers developed a comprehensive process to identify and map unsold landholdings within each master plan. Product segmentation for the remaining assets and its fit as well as provided an outlook on housing market conditions for each area.
– Examined the regional position of each market given demographic, housing, and economic trends.
– Researched and analyzed public records and entitlement documents and provided documentation on the identification of the remaining land parcels.
– Segmented product within the context of the existing community with the intent of maximizing return.
– Developed a detailed land proforma that factored timing and costs as well as considered the investment objectives of the client.
Aside from offering an overall land value for each of the properties, Meyers provided the client with a comprehensive sales plan from a land developer’s point of view. Meyers’ on-the-ground knowledge of each of these markets provided reasonable assumptions regarding overall exit strategies and investment economics. The competitive position of each asset and the reasonableness of the forecasted growth for each market was considered.